Ductless mini-split systems are an affordable way to help supplement your home’s traditional cooling and heating system. Also referred to as air-source heat pumps, these systems utilize an indoor mounted fan unit with an outdoor unit that is smaller than your traditional air conditioning unit. With a ductless mini-split system, you can cool and heat your home.
If you are considering a ductless mini-split system, you may be wondering about the benefits, or even the purpose. Depending on your home, you may be able to gain multiple advantages just by installing a single unit.
Advantages of Ductless Mini-Split Systems
- Energy Efficient – These systems feature a high efficiency SEER rating up to as high as 24.00. Because there are no ducts, these systems lose less of their cooling than forced-air systems. All of that means lower utility bills for you.
- No Ducts Required – A ductless mini system can be used where you have no duct work or just in areas where it is not practical. Instead, small tubes run through an opening in the wall, allowing refrigerant to be cycled through the lines from the inside unit to the outside condenser, quietly distributing air. In the winter, your system works like a heater, quietly exchanging cool air for heated air.
- Excellent Space Savers – Mini-split systems are great for homes that cannot put in large ductwork into the ceilings or walls. These systems not only give you more space to work with, but can help you design a room or addition with ease.
- Better Control – You have room-by-room control with these systems. That means you are not paying to heat a room that is not occupied.
- Better Air Quality – Duct work is a known contributor for allowing and distributing dust, dander and other allergens into the home. Because these systems do not use ducts, you can improve your indoor air quality, which is especially helpful if you or a loved one in your home suffers from allergies or asthma.
Ductless mini split systems are a practical solution for many homes, but you should consult a professional before deciding whether to install one for your heating and cooling needs.
CLICK HERE to contact the team at Bi-County Fuels, Inc. today or call 215-822-0515. We will conduct a thorough assessment to determine whether a ductless mini-split system is suitable for your home.