Money-Saving Tips from Your HVAC Team
It’s that time when many of us make resolutions for the New Year. After all, we all want to live long and healthy lives. Your home’s HVAC system plays an important role in your well-being and comfort. It can also help you save money and reduce your carbon footprint. The specialists at Bi-County Inc share some valuable tips on how to optimize HVAC system efficiency and performance.
5 Ways to Keep Your HVAC System Running at Peak Efficiency Throughout the Year…
- Change the Air Filter Regularly: The basic rule is to do it every 3 months. However, we recommend replacing your air filter every 2 months if you have pets at home or any members of your family suffer from allergies. Clogged filters make your HVAC system work harder and use more energy. They also cause frequent breakdowns. Make a schedule to help you remember and keep to it.
- Install a Smart Thermostat: When used correctly, this can be one of the most cost-effective investments for your home. Smart thermostats help create a schedule based on when your family is home and away to significantly reduce your energy usage. Studies show that for every degree you lower (in winter) or raise (in summer) the temperature, you can save up to 2% on your utility bills.
- Improve Your Indoor Air Quality: This involves eliminating or reducing indoor pollutants like pollen, dirt and dust. One way to do this is to increase the amount of fresh air in your home by improving ventilation and the second is installing a whole home air purifier. According to some reports, air purifiers with a HEPA filter remove about 99.9% of dust particles and impurities from the air. This includes pollen, mold, spores, pet dander, and/or dust mites.
- Replace an Old HVAC System ASAP: If your furnace and air conditioner are 10 to 15 years old, they are likely functioning at 70% efficiency or less. This means it is costing you more money to heat and cool your home. According to some estimates, newer high-efficiency models can reduce your bills by up to 30% as well as make you more comfortable.
- Schedule Preventative Maintenance: One of the simplest ways to increase the efficiency and lifespan of your HVAC system is regular maintenance services. Scheduling annual inspections, cleaning and repairs is a budget-friendly way to maintain your furnace and air conditioner or heat pump.
At Bi-County Inc, our maintenance programs follow manufacturer and Energy Star recommendations. You can depend on our certified technicians to optimize your system’s lifespan. Our cost-effective repair, installation and replacement services will keep your home in Bucks and Montgomery County, PA comfortable for years to come.
Energy-Saving Tips From Your HVAC Team In Chalfont, PA
Are your utility bills too high? Do you feel your home is not warm enough? Your continuing discomfort and rising energy costs in your home might be due to a thermostat control product in an inappropriate location. To get accurate temperature readings, they should be optimally located. The HVAC specialists at Bi-County Inc explain the do’s and don’ts of your thermostat position.
5 Places You Shouldn’t Put Your Thermostat
Feel Cozy at Lower Thermostat Settings for Energy Savings
Many homes and businesses throughout the Bucks & Montgomery County area depend on home humidification systems to keep indoor air healthy and pleasant. Humidifiers keep moisture balanced to protect the home, improve air quality, and keep occupants feeling comfortable. There are many humidification products on the market, but not all are created equally.
- Whole Home Humidifiers work with a building or residence’s heating and cooling systems to add needed moisture to the air as it circulates. They are installed between the supply and return air ducts, and work either with the HVAC system or independently to add moisture.
- Portable Humidifiers are stand-alone appliances that add moisture directly into the air of the room they are situated in.
Step-By-Step Guide for the Change in Seasons
As the cool weather arrives in late October, it is probably time to switch off your air conditioner. Shutting it down correctly will help ensure it works properly next summer. Here is some important information to prevent unnecessary damage and costly repairs to your HVAC system.
Timely attention will enable your HVAC to work longer and more efficiently:
Radiant Floor Heating is so comfortable because unlike traditional heating systems that just warm the air, radiant heating warms the floor and the objects in contact with the floor. The entire floor distributes a consistent, quiet and draft-free heating. It’s perfect for homes with vaulted ceilings or giant windows, which would otherwise waste heat.
Think about experiencing a comforting warmth on your tile, marble and wood floors instead of a chill with each step. Or, imagine walking into your bathroom and relishing in the coziness beneath your feet.
The beauty of radiant floor heating is you can choose to have it throughout your entire home or just one or two rooms and is compatible under any type of floor covering — carpet, wood, slate, tile, stone, laminate, and even concrete — making the design possibilities endless.
Indoor Air Quality Advice From Your HVAC Team
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, your indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Pet dander, dust, carpets, cooking, fumes from aerosols, outdoor pollutants like pollen coming in through the HVAC system, etc., will have an impact on the air quality and consequently, your health. Reactions may range from irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, to headaches, dizziness and fatigue, depending on age and pre-existing medical conditions. For individuals suffering from allergies, asthma and other respiratory conditions, symptoms can tend to become aggravated. Whole home air purifiers aid in the removal of pollutants helping you breathe easier.
Maintaining The Right Balance For Comfort & Energy Savings
Controlling indoor humidity is not only essential to your comfort and well-being but also for preventing damage to your home and possessions. Fogging on mirrors, condensation on windows, mold and mildew stains on the wall or ceiling, a musty smell and rotting wood are often signs of excess moisture indoors. Family members with allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems may also find that their condition is aggravated. The Bi-County Inc HVAC technicians share tips to control humidity levels in your home.
Expert HVAC Advice From The Bi-County Inc. Team
Having AC troubles? Don’t suffer the heat for long! We are often called to fix an AC that is running continuously even when it has reached the desired temperature or when the weather is cooler. Though the problem is not uncommon, you have reason to be concerned. In addition to the unnecessary wear on the unit, you are also likely to receive a high electricity bill.
10 Reasons Your Air Conditioning Is Not Shutting Off…
Advantages of a Full Service Oil Dealer:
When choosing an oil deliver service you have two main options: COD and Full Service. COD oil companies only deliver oil – they fill your tank but they don’t provide any additional services. If your equipment breaks, they don’t have the know-how and training to make a repair. Many COD companies will say they have a relationship with a service provider if you encounter a problem. But in the middle of a winter storm, they often won’t have staff available to make a repair when you need it. It may take several days or even weeks to schedule an appointment.
Bi-County Inc is a Full Service provider dedicated to providing excellent service with every gallon of fuel oil we deliver. We provide you with automatic fuel delivery, price protection, preventive maintenance service plans, 24/7 emergency support – and peace of mind. We offer personalized full-service packages for every budget whether your home uses forced-air heat, baseboard heat, or a summer-winter hook-up. Bi-County is a one-stop provider for all of your home’s heating and cooling needs. We can even take care of your plumbing projects as well!