Best Apps To Keep Track Of Home Energy Usage
Be Better Informed to Conserve Energy & Save Money
These days, you can do just about anything using your smartphone. Smart apps for your iPhone, Android phone or Windows phone can allow you to control your air conditioner and manage your cooling energy use via a smart thermostat and help you save money from almost anywhere. Here are the best apps to track home energy usage…
Use These Apps to Manage Your Energy Use:
There are a number of apps available for all platforms which will help you monitor your energy use. Using the data the apps collect, you will be better informed to make smarter decisions about your air conditioning usage to conserve energy and save money. Popular apps include:
- Energy Consumption Analyzer: Add meters for gas, electricity and water and record your meter readings. The app will graph energy use, showing the rate of consumption per hour, day, week and month. Use color-coding as a reminder of situations where unusual amounts of energy were consumed.
- Energy Tracker: Easily manage and evaluate meter readings to record your consumption of electricity, water, gas and heat. This will help avoid unnecessary energy expenses by monitoring how much energy your system uses. Generate charts showing consumption trends and comparisons.
- Energy Cost Calculator: This app helps you view, track, and manage your residential electricity use. Calculate the usage and cost of energy per day, week, month and year based on consumption per hour and hours of usage per day. Results can be shared to social media, email, messages, etc.
Connect to Your Smart Thermostat with These Apps:
If you have a smart thermostat installed at home, it’s likely that there is an app which can be used to remotely control the device. Below are some apps from popular control products manufacturers recommended by the experts at Bi-County Inc:
- Honeywell Home: This app allows you to remotely monitor and manage your AC use. Your wi-fi connected device becomes your thermostat control center allowing you to view and change settings, check indoor/outdoor temperature, view thermostat alerts and more. Reports allow you to see when you use more energy and figure out how to use less.
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat: The interface of this app looks just like your thermostat screen at home for easy navigation. You can remotely adjust temperatures, schedule or update vacation events and more. Automatic energy reports show you how much energy you’ve used/conserved each month.
- NEST Thermostat: You can connect to your Nest thermostat remotely, as well as smoke and carbon monoxide monitors. Adjust your settings from anywhere and receive notifications on-the-go. In Energy History, view how much energy you use every day and view monthly data in your Home Report.
Updating to the latest thermostat control products can help you save energy and costs, while adding a whole new level of convenience with the best apps to track home energy usage. Bi-County Inc. can help you decide which the latest thermostat technology is right for you, so that you can take advantage of the convenience and energy savings in Bucks and Montgomery County. If you are ready to upgrade your home’s comfort control products, click to contact us or call 215-822-0515 today!