Smart & Programmable Thermostats
You have upgraded your home’s heating and cooling systems, but how much thought have you put into the thermostats? Your HVAC control products are surprisingly beneficial and depending on the model you choose, they could add not just convenience, but also significant energy savings.
Do you really need all the bells and whistles? While the popular smart thermostats are helpful, they are not necessary for maximizing the efficiency of your home’s HVAC systems. In fact, some of the best thermostats are those that come without all the fancy technology.
Simple by design, programmable thermostats bring plenty of benefits:
- Digital Display – The backlit display offers better visibility in various lighting conditions and is also available in a smaller screen size.
- Wireless Installation – Battery powered programmable thermostats can be conveniently placed anywhere without wires or cutting holes in the wall.
- Accurate Temperature Control – Experience the most consistent comfort with precision accuracy, ensuring your comfort system does not run more or less than it needs to.
- Programmability for Energy Savings – Set one program for weekdays and another for weekends to maintain comfort. Utilize options to control just how much energy and fuel your home’s HVAC system uses each day.
- Built-in Instructions – The instructions for using the thermostat are built in, so they’re always easily accessible.
There are many types of “smart” thermostats available on the market today, but you may be wondering if they are truly worth the hype and the price. While they are programmable, so is your outdated thermostat. However, there is more to a smart thermostat than simply clever programming.
What is a Smart Thermostat?
Smart thermostats are not just trendy – they are amazing tools that help monitor, control and even lower your energy costs. By having one installed, you are in control of your temperature not just while you are home, but even when you are miles away. Also, the programmability of a smart thermostat goes well beyond what a traditional thermostat can do.
A smart thermostat offers your home more than just savings:
- Control via Smartphone – You have left the house for vacation, but you forgot to change the thermostat. Luckily, with a smart thermostat you can access your home’s temperature controls from your smartphone.
- Accurate Temperature Control – Experience the most consistent comfort with precision accuracy, ensuring your comfort systems do not run more or less than they need to.
- Control Humidity Levels – Today’s thermostats focus on overall comfort by controlling humidity levels inside your home as well. So even if it is hot and stuffy outside in the summer, you stay cool and dry inside. And during the winter cold, you can maintain the moisture in the air to help breathe easier and control static cling.
- Stay Notified – Some models of smart thermostats will notify you of extreme temperature changes inside your home or alert you to upcoming filter changes.
- Geofencing for Adjustments – Certain models of thermostats can use your smartphone’s location to automatically adjust the temperature while you are away and then return it to a comfortable temperature once you are within close proximity of your residence. This will save you money and ensure your home is always comfortable.
- Control In One Place – Smart thermostats are also often tied into your home’s automation or security system for added convenience.
Updating to the latest thermostat control products can help you save energy and costs, while adding a whole new level of convenience. Bi-County Inc. has access to the latest thermostat technology, so that you can take advantage of the convenience and energy savings in Bucks and Montgomery County. If you are ready to upgrade your home’s comfort control products, contact Bi-County today!